Monday, January 26, 2015

More Mural Progress

I got in about six hours of painting this weekend so the mural saw a lot of progress. If all goes well, I should be done with the first coat of paint on all sides of the mural. This might not sound like much but I consider it a huge accomplishment. It is time consuming and, for me, the least fun part of the painting because it doesn't look like much at that stage. 

The east wall is still the furthest along. A few more hours and I will be finished with it. 

The next furthest along is the south wall. I have several more days to finish work on this one and didn't do any work on it this past weekend. 

The west wall is the least finished of the walls and I spent some time laying down the first layer of colors on it this weekend.


I also did a lot of work on the north wall this weekend. It is the darkest toned of the walls and much of this part of the view is in shadows. It is a bit more difficult to paint for me but I think it is finally coming along.